Looking back, from a different vantage point

Home Forums Everything Caregiving Journaling: The Page Listens Looking back, from a different vantage point

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Harrison Bob Harrison 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Cori Carl
    Cori Carl
    Keymaster

Imagine that when you die you have to relive your entire life, but from the perspective of those who were around you at the time. What would it be like? How would you feel?

• #56102 Reply
    Profile photo of Isabella Leung
    Isabella Leung
    Participant

I haven’t a chance to think about my answer to that question. I did read a great article I want to share; it is a letter written by a woman who was a former caregiver to her mother to her future self. She reminds herself that she wants to age differently than her mother did. For instance, she should trust her sons and doctors and not to wait to make changes until the decision is out of her hands. Worthwhile quick read!

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/20161023__Hello__old_girl_She_didnt_want_to_age_like_her_mother__so_she_wrote_a_letter_to_her_future_self.html

• #56793 Reply
    Profile photo of Bob Harrison
    Bob Harrison
    Participant

I would live my new life in the understanding that, a bad day for a caregiver, is better that the best day for, a loved one in pain.

I would live one day at a time, making the most of each day, surrounding myself with good people, but planning for tomorrow.

Reply To: Looking back, from a different vantage point
Your information: