Visit the forums to get in touch with other members of The Caregiver Space community!
Find the Forums
Click on FORUMS in the top right of any page
Now that you’re on the Forums page, you can browse through the different forums to find the best place for you to post your new topic or to find the topic you’d like to post to. The Forums are sorted into several general categories: Talking About You, Talking About Your Loved One, and News and Information. You can also search for a specific topic by using the search bar at the top of the page.
Post a new topic In the forums
It’s easy to start a new topic in the forums by following the steps below:
1. Browse the page to find the Forum that looks like the best place for you to post your new topic or to find the topic you’d like to add to. Click on the Forum you’d like to read or post in
2. Once you’re in the Forum you can review all the existing topics. Click on one of the topics to read the posts from other members of The Caregiver Space
3. Scroll to the bottom of the forum page to find the Create New Topic section. Enter a Topic Title for your new post and an overview of what you’d like to talk about. You can include Topic Tags to help others to find your post later. Finally, click Submit to add your topic to the Forum. Remember that any post or responses that you submit when you are logged in will show that you posted it
4. You’ll now see your new topic as it appears to other members of The Caregiver Space. Use the navigation at the top to go back to the forum, category or Forums page
5. To edit a topic after you’ve posted it, click on EDIT to open the topic for modification. Then, follow the steps above to re-post
See replies to your topic
Once you’ve posted a new topic to a forum, other members of The Caregiver Space will be able to post replies. You’ll get a notification letting you know each time a reply is posted to your topic. To view replies, click on Notifications. Then, click Read to go right to the new reply
Once you’ve looked over your notifications, you can remove them from your Notifications page either individually or in bulk. To remove individual notifications, just click on Delete for that line
To remove multiple notifications at once:
1. Click on the box next to the notifications you want to delete. Or, click on the top box to select all notifications on the page.
2. Click on the Bulk Actions menu at the bottom of the page
3. Select which action you’d like to apply
4. Once you pick an action, you’ll see an Apply button on the bottom of the page. Click on the Apply button to update all the notifications you’ve selected
Respond to another post in the Forums
Join in on the conversation by replying to a topic or post within a topic. Replying to an entire topic will add your post to the general conversation. Replying to a specific post within a topic will add your reply below the post you’ve selected. When replying to a specific post, only the person that posted that reply will receive a notification about your response.
Reply to the topic
1. Scroll to the bottom of the topic page to find the reply section
2. Type in your reply to the entire topic and click on Submit
3. Your reply will now appear at the bottom of the topic page
Reply to a specific post
1. Find the specific post within a topic that you want to reply to
2. Click REPLY to open the reply section of the page
3. Click Submit to add your reply
4. Your reply will now appear below that specific post rather than at the bottom of the topic page:
Edit your reply to a post
You can modify a reply you’ve already posted if you are logged into The Caregiver Space. Find your reply and on the Edit button to open the text editor. Then, click Submit to update your reply:
Favorite a topic
If there’s a particular topic you’d like to check back on frequently, you can favorite it to find it easily on your own profile page. Keep in mind that your favorites can be viewed by anybody viewing your page.
1. Click on FAVORITE at the top of the topic page:
2. The page will immediately update to show that you’ve favorite the topic (click on FAVORITED at any time to remove your favorite preference)
3. To view your favorites: open your profile, click on Forums, then Favorites to see all the topics you’ve favorited to check on the activity of that topic
4. Click on the “x” to remove the topic from your favorites page
Set up subscriptions
You can subscribe to an entire forum or to a specific topic within a forum. You can then keep an eye on recent activity happening for that forum or topic directly on your profile page. Nobody will be able to see which subscriptions you’ve set up.
Subscribe to a forum
1. Click on the Subscribe button at the top of the forum page
2. The page will immediately update to show that you’ve subscribed to the forum (click on Unsubscribe at any time to remove your subscription)
Subscribe to a topic
1. Click on SUBSCRIBE at the top of the topic page
2. The page will immediately update to show that you’ve subscribed to the topic (click on UNSUBSCRIBE at any time to remove your subscription)
3. Once you’ve subscribed to something, you can view the activity on your profile page by opening your profile, clicking on Forums, then clicking on Subscriptions to see all the forums and topics you’ve subscribed to:
5. Click on the “x” to unsubscribe
Add new friends
Add friends to easily stay in touch with other members of the Caregiver Space community.
1. Click on that person’s name or profile picture to see their public profile
2. On their profile page, click on the Add Friend button. That person will receive a notification that you’ve requested their friendship. Later, you’ll receive a notification letting you know once they’ve accepted your friend request.
3. To see your friendships: open your profile, click on Friends, then Friendships:
Remove a friend
Once a friendship has been accepted, you can cancel that friendship at any time by going to your Friendships page and clicking on the Cancel Friendship button for that person:
Any post you submit on the forums will display your profile name. If you’d like to post anonymously, log out of The Caregiver Space before posting to a topic or forum. Then, follow the same steps to post on the forums or respond to another post. If you are logged out, you’ll be asked to provide a name and email address in order to post: