I am 70 years old and the spouse of a quadriplegic, 100% dependent. I have been his only caregiver for 16 years. I get very tired. Thankfully I get respite 3 times a year for 10 days each. It is getting almost impossible to turn him. If I could only have someone come to get him up and on his toilet/chair in the morning I can handle the rest.…[Read more]
Recent Forum Topics
- Too many notifications?
- When family caregivers could take a year off – with pay
- My sister made her end-of-life wishes clear. Then dementia took hold
- How do you know if someone is dead?
- My life: Theresa L
- The Challenges of Caring for a Loved One With Memory Loss in a Hospital Setting
- The 5 Easiest Ways You Can Help Your Loved One Stay Safe In The Bathroom