1. If you don’t exercise for your body type, you will never get the body you desire regardless of how long and hard you work out.
2. If you’re looking to reduce size down below, beware; for certain body types, spinning, step classes and stair climbers can actually increase the size of your buttocks, thighs, and hips.
3. The wonderful thing about proper exercise is that after one year of exercising, the body reacts as if it has been exercising its entire life!
4. What’s the most important factor to becoming & staying fit? Consistency is the most important factor in becoming fit. Organize yourself to make time.
5. Exercise to relax. Escape to your exercise routine for 45 minutes of no phone, no kids, no boss and no problems. In time, your body also will better be able to adapt to stress.
6. Tools of the trade. Everything you’ll ever need to exercise:
- Stationary Bike
- Firm Mat
- Curl Bar
- Aerobic Bar Jump Rope
7. If you don’t find time for exercise, you might have to find time for illness.
8. The human body generally needs 4-6 weeks to respond positively to exercise. It’s important to work AT YOUR OWN PACE, not others.
9. The four phases of every workout (in order):
- Warm Up
- Work Load
- Cool Down
10. Warm-Up before stretching. Contrary to popular belief, one shouldn’t stretch before warming up or exercising. First, you need to warm up for 6-10 minutes, then stretch, then workout.
11. Stretching helps prevent recurring and severe injuries. The more flexible one becomes, the faster and fit one will be.
12. Fitness is your body’s ability to do whatever you want it to do, whenever you want to do it.
13. You can get too much of a good thing. Over exercising can lead to insomnia, stress fractures and other injuries plus a pre-occupation with fitness, diet and body image.
14. Six out of ten individuals who purchase fitness equipment never use it after six months. (Wall Street Journal)
15. There are five components that comprise the definition of fitness:
- Aerobic/Cardiovascular capacity
- Muscle Strength
- Muscle Endurance
- Body Ratio
16. You can walk from NY to California and still not be fit.
17. You’re never too unfit, too unmotivated, too injured or too old to start exercising.
18. If your goal is to trim down and lose mass in any part of your body, lifting heavy weights won’t give you the body you want. Lifting light weights however, will.
19. Unless a corporate “wellness” program includes an in-house exercise and fitness program, it is incomplete.
20. Gym efficiency tip: If you are at the gym exercising for more than one hour, than you’re probably not utilizing your time efficiently, unless you’re training for a competitive sport.
21. Body type has nothing to do with how much fat or muscle your body possesses. It has nothing to do with whether you’re fat, thin, tall short or overweight, athletic, or nonathletic. It simply means that if you added weight or muscle, where on your body would that be most obvious?
22. A great diet can never make up for lack of exercise, but a great exercise program can make up for lack of a great diet.
23. Genetics do play a role in flexibility, but everyone can increase their flexibility if they learn the correct techniques.
24. Just because you’re exercising doesn’t mean you are getting fit.
25. You cannot become fit by being active… you can only become more active by becoming fit.
26. Your diet (what you eat) affects your scale weight, not your shape. Only through proper exercise, specifically body typing – can you alter your shape and rid your body of your “problem areas.”
27. To effectively combat stress, try exercising versus going for a drink. You’ll feel better and you’ll be building good habits that will help you deal with whatever curveballs life throws at you.
28. If you’re thinking of losing weight through dieting alone, think again… Dieting leaves you feeling hungry, agitated, and a feeling of tiredness with low energy and you will not be able to exercise with any sort of intensity. Exercise however, helps you achieve better eating habits and raises your metabolism allowing you to eat and drink in moderation.
29. Never start or embark on a diet (eating plan) or exercise routine that you can’t maintain today, tomorrow, next month and next year…
30. Everyone, despite their age or current level of fitness can possess a fit and toned body if you’re willing to put the time and effort in and give 100%.