Founded by Dave Kelso in 2014, Alzlive.com is a free, daily, digital lifestyle and news platform designed specifically for the unpaid family caregivers of Alzheimer’s and dementia patients in the United States and Canada and is owned by Kelso Publishing Inc. More than just a “magazine,” it is a robust, inspired experience. The content is comprised of curated articles from around the world, links to blogs, and original articles commissioned by the Alzlive editorial team. The editorial focus is on helping the family caregivers cope with their unique lifestyle. The tone is inspirational rather than purely utilitarian. However, the content is designed to be instantly of use, with links, phone numbers and help-lines so that the reader can immediately access help, tips and advice. Alzlive is hip, lively, hopeful and welcoming as well as informative and enlightening. Ultimately, Alzlive is for the caregiver.
Recent Forum Topics
- What do caregivers need to know?
- Older cancer patients rate own physical abilities as better than their caregivers do
- Nursing Home Disaster Plans Often Faulted As ‘Paper Tigers’
- A new age of care
- Elder Abuse: ERs Learn How To Protect A Vulnerable Population
- Battling ALS and the ravages of time
- 5 ways to honor yourself and your loved one after loss