How do you say thank you to the person who goes above and beyond? Honestly, there’s no way to express thanks for what they do through a gift.
The best way to thank a caregiver is with your time and appreciation.
- Deliver a meal (or a bunch of frozen meals!)
- Pick things up for them when you’re running your own errands
- Shovel their walk or mow their lawn
- Help them with babysitting or giving a ride
- See if they need help researching something
- Offer to help with sorting out medical bills
- Sign them up for a meal delivery service
- Get them a gift certificate for groceries, dry cleaning, or a hospital parking pass
Sometimes, though, we want a physical item to hand someone to show that we appreciate what they do. Here are a few of my favorite gift ideas:
A book of affirmations
A coloring book to calm them down and cheer them up
A daily reminder of how awesome they are
A reminder to take 5 minutes for themselves
A chance to deepen a relationship
A reminder of how you feel about them
A blanket to keep them cozy
Flowers to brighten their day
I live off of food from Trader Joe’s. I spend my life in a cubicle, a la Office Space. I’m kind of obsessed with the internet.
Confession: I take care of people but don’t identify as a caregiver.